UBICON Coconut Coir Disc
This is a natural spongy material made out of coconut husks. The coconut husks are washed to remove salt and then sun dried and compressed in the form of disc. Use this disc to seed and start a plant.
- Each disk is enclosed in biodegradable netting to minimize dust and dirt.
- Small discs are approximately 1.5" (40 mm) in diameter; each disc will yield approximately 6 ounces; adding two part soil will expand up to 1.5 inches tall; ideal for starter seed.
- Medium discs are approximately 2" (50 mm) in diameter; each disc will expand up to 3 1/2 inches tall.
- Retains moisture, requires less frequent watering; plants thrive because the natural pith granules allow plant roots to absorb the ideal balance of water, and any added nutrients.
- High aeration and resulting in good root formation; plants live longer: the unique natural fibers provide abundant aeration which reduces root rot from over watering.
- Low electrical conductivity level resulting in healthy growth of the plants due to very low salts.