Coconut coir is a natural material made out of coconut husks. The coconut husks are washed to remove salt and then sun dried; dried coir is compressed in the form of bricks. Coco coir is a 100% natural growing medium. Each brick weighs 650 grams or 1.8 pounds. By adding water to the brick, each brick will yield about a quarter of a cubic foot or about 8 quarts. These compressed bricks are individually wrapped for easy storage. Because of its superior water holding capacity, excellent air space and drainage, coir is a useful soil amendment for potted plants, containers and gardens. Coir is a sustainable alternative to peat moss - it does not produce the same environmental damage caused by peat mining. In addition, coir is easier to hydrate and lasts longer in soil than peat moss.
- Use for indoor or outdoor plants. Environmentally friendly pith is fine husk fibers from coconuts and can be used in greenhouses, landscaping, garden beds, individual pots, terrariums, grow bags, vertical gardens or container gardens on the patio. These compressed coco fiber blocks are a perfect growing medium and can also be used to start seeds or roots in a pot or planter.
- Great bedding material for red wigglers and worm farms. Used for all types of plants including bonsai, cactus, orchid, roses, mushrooms, potato and hydroponics. Keeps nutrients and moisture close to plant roots.
- Helps keep moisture in soil. Excellent for aeration and drainage. Mixes well with compost and nutrients to naturally provide eco friendly environment for roots to grow in containers, planters or beds. Natural sustainable organic alternative to peat moss.
- Odorless, pH Balanced, Free of Bacteria and most Fungal Spores, low in natural salts, no weeds or pests. Provides better aeration than soil; the unique natural fibers provide abundant aeratio reducing roor rot from over watering
- Easy to use individually wrapped block; just add water for use. Each brick will yield about 7 quarts; follow the instructions on the label.